There are a number of actions that need to take place as you start up the plant and move to producing electricity. If you don’t perform these operations, you get dinged with a Procedure Violation!
- Switch from Start-Up Transformer to Auxiliary Transformer
- After the Generator is online and before Generator load is > 5%, switch from the Start-up Transformer to the Auxiliary Transformer.
- Switching from Auxiliary Feedwater Pumps to Main Feed Pumps
- Switch to the Main Feedwater Pumps when increasing above 10% Generator load
- Steam Generator Levels
- Before going above 0.1% Reactor Power, Steam Generator Levels must be above 50%
- Accumulator Block Valve
- Before going above 0.1% Reactor Power, unblock the Accumulator Block valve.
- Permissive Blocks
- Before going above 0.1% Reactor Power, disable the Permissive Blocks
- Reactor Power Detection
- Startup Range Detector enabled and Rx Power > 7.29e-03
- Intermediate Range Detector and Rx Power < 3.48e-03
- Intermediate Range Detector and Rx Power > 12.6
- Power Range Detector and Rx Power < 0.0747
- Startup / Intermediate / Power Range Detectors all off